- Textures: Satin, Silk, Ruffles, Leather, Mackintosh (heavy duty cotton twill).
- Patterns: Wavy stripes, Geometric lines, Tartan check, Contrast stitching.
- Footwear: Ankle boots, low heeled boots, sling back court shoes, elastic bunched kitten heels.
- Silhouettes: Long, elegant, flowing, layers, pleats, androgynous femininity, oversized shirts & extra long sleeves, sleeve & trousers.
- Accessories: Geometric shapes, large belted silhouettes, mini cosmetic style bags, tote bags (on the back), vinyl / PVC.
- Makeup: Bare faced, bold coloured under eye liner.
- Colour Palette: Blue, Red, Camel, Beige, Pink, Orange.
- Music: Pop rock / Electropop; Track IDs: LCD Soundsystem – Oh baby; Cliff Richard – Devil Woman; Norman Greenbaum – Spirit in the Sky
As a thumping electropop/rock mix resounds along the decorative stretch of Burlington Arcade, bold geometric silhouettes appear from the archway with an air of grace. Although Rejina Pyo only presents her second ever catwalk collection, with those previously being presentations for the four-year-old brand, the appearance of ease flows through the antique, brightly lit setting, shortly followed by a beautifully wearable yet bold and iconic collection. With Pyo’s mantra striving to “celebrate inclusivity”, this collection was no different. After a bold and beautiful SS18 (soon to land at Coggles), the AW18 collection brought a host of exciting textures, colours and prints to tease the tastebuds for next season.
With a perfect blend of androgynous oversized suiting featuring extended shirt sleeves, oversized collars and slit leg seams, paired with a range of wonderfully practical ankle boots ranging from soft black leather to bold red suede, the roots of each look showed that pointed barely there kitten heels are certainly here to stay for another season.
Celebrating the many female looks she defines so well, Pyo showed a wonderfully autumnal, yet primary palette, with strong undertones in beige, camel and brown, accented by electric blues, pumpkin hued oranges and vibrant reds alongside exciting patterns and shapes defined in elegant pinks and tinged greys. Dresses and skirts were layered in a mixture of elegant silk and satin pleats and ruffles. Suiting silhouettes adopt industrial contrast stitching and casual shoelace belting. Accessories were key, with bold geometric shapes taking precedent across handbags and jewellery, accenting the elegance of bare glowing skin and eyes strongly underlined in orange.
Snakeskin leather shone through as a subtle additional texture in footwear and accessories, accompanying the heavy duty trench twill of overcoats to create a perfect twist on modern heritage elegance. Silk textures contrasted to create a day-to-night effect, and both tartan and electronic wave-inspired patterns were featured to stand out yet blend each look in perfect harmony.
Once again Rejina Pyo presents a collection which allows every woman to walk into Autumn/Winter’18 with timeless, iconic power.
Header image property of Rex Shutterstock.