As cast iron grills can reach high heat on a medium setting, you can seal your food quickly and lock in the moisture, nutrients and flavours, producing succulent tasty meals. It is a very healthy way of cooking too as the cooking fat drains away and collects below the ribs.The new helper handle sets this new Signature Square Grillit® apart from others, for extra ease of use and stability when lifting a full pan. The grill is coated with Le Creuset’s specialist satin black enamel finish. Durable and easy to clean, the satin black enamel interior has been especially designed to protect the pan (no seasoning is required) and is ideal for searing and grilling foods such as meat, fish and vegetables.
Over time, it develops a natural patina that is ideal for searing and frying. Available in a range of colours to complement every kitchen and style. The Square Grillit® is suitable for use on all hob types, including induction, in the oven, under the grill and on the barbecue and is protected by a Lifetime Guarantee for total peace of mind.
- Ribbed cooking surface drains away excess fat and produces professional sear lines by caramelising the surface of the food where it contacts with the ribs
- Le Creuset's durable, easy clean black enamel interior (no seasoning is required)
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention for greater cooking results
- Only low to medium heat is required when cooking and will achieve the high surface heat required for searing
- Strong easy-grip, easy-lift cast iron handles, suitable for use in the oven
- Spouts on two sides allow for drip-free pouring
- Colourful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Material: Cast Iron
- Heat Source: Ceramic Hob safe., Electric Hob, Gas Hob, Induction hob
- Cleaning: Dishwasher Safe/ Handwash
- Warranty:Lifetime Guarantee
Cooking with cast iron
Enameled cast iron is a remarkable and robust material that performs well with modern requirements for food preparation and cooking. Whether you choose to stir-fry, slow-cook a casserole, sear a steak or bake a cake, there is a shape that is suitable. Cast iron performs well for either slow cooking or high-temperature searing.
Cast iron can be used reliably on any heat source, including induction, and with any oven or grill. It has the ability to retain heat efficiently, which allows for use of lower heat settings in stovetop and oven cooking. On the table, a hot covered dish will keep food hot for second servings.
Cast iron can also be used to keep foods cold. A chilled dish becomes an ideal cold food server on a hot summer day. It can also be placed in the freezer for food storage or advanced food preparation.
Before first use
Remove all packaging and labels. Wash the pan in hot, soapy water, then rinse and dry thoroughly. Your pan is now ready to be used and does not require any further preparation.